Postgraduate Diplomas in Nursing
Do you want to train to be a Paediatric Nurse Specialist?
In collaboration with the UCT Division of Nursing and Midwifery, we offer courses and facilitate two Postgraduate Diplomas:
For more information about each of these programmes, click on the appropriate course information leaflet displayed to the right.
- Registered or registrable with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as a general nurse. International applicants require limited registration with SANC for the duration of the course.
- Four year degree in nursing or a qualification recognised by the UCT senate and South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) as equivalent
- Professional indemnity cover
- At least two years experience in a paediatric (critical care) setting
- Computer literacy and evidence of good spoken and written English
For more information about how to apply, click here.
On completion of the Postgraduate Diploma in Child Nursing and the Postgraduate diploma in Critical Care (Child) nursing, South African graduates will have sufficient credits and clinical experience to apply for registration as a speciality nurse on the National South African Register. International graduates will be able to apply for acceptance onto their National Board register under a SADC member state agreement, using the academic transcript of their UCT degree and proof of completed clinical hours and learning.